Also Online Resume for more up to date resume.
This page is accessible by https://cv.tyrel.dev/ also.
Senior Software Engineer with focus on Python, Django, Go. Technology enthusiast and IOT tinkerer. Private pilot. Amateur radio operator.
EverQuote — Boston, MA — Senior Software Engineer >>> January 2022 -
- Ported a Python2.7 monolith to Python3 microservices.
- Automated a daily task for two analysts to be able to be run in only a few moments which saves 18 hours per week of analyst time.
- Built a UI for manipulating database settings to aid in automating work for analysts.
- Migrated a handful of repositories from CircleCI testing to GitHub Actions.
- Ported multiple long running scripts from Python2.7 to Python3.
- Migrated some command line tools from Python2.7 to Python3.
- Migrated alerts system platform from PagerDuty to Opsgenie.
- Launched a webservice using Go to assist Sales Reps to provide alternative Insurance company matches.
- SOX Compliance training.
Tidelift — Boston, MA — Software Engineer III >>> April 2018 - December 2021
- Command Line Interface
- Developed binary CI/CD tool in Go to analyze software dependencies for security/licensing problems
- Added ability to create users and manage repositories from the command line
- Expanded personal project into company product
- Tidelift core redesign and pivot
- Pivoted from solely a vulnerability scanner to supporting a catalog of open source dependencies
- Part of small team developing Tidelift 2.0/3.0
- Developed front end Vue, and back end Ruby on Rails
- Expanded open source code under https://libraries.io to support more languages.
- Added new languages manifests support
- Programmed in multiple projects with code all available as open source on github
- Bibliothecary: Added ability to detect dependencies in manifests for Poetry, pip-compile, pipfile,
- Conda Parser: Developed ingestor of Conda environment files, parsing environment.yml files
- Conda API: Programmed web scraping of Anaconda to detect new packages, and REST API endpoints for packages
Addgene — Cambridge, MA — Software Engineer >>> March 2015 - March 2018
- Wrote Django REST Framework API server behind a token-authenticated NGINX server
- Rewrote file storage backend to keep on Amazon S3 instead of local in-house file system
- Released my own custom Django module as a result
- Trained non-developers in Python
- Helped start and expand a “non-developer developer” club
Akamai — Cambridge, MA — Sr. Software Engineer >>> July 2014 - March 2015
- Wrote an API with Python/Flask that the front end could communicate with
- Checked if email was a valid user in Salesforce, then sent the user an email from a template
- Rewrote the backend for an internal dashboard to load data in 0.1 second, down from 10 seconds
Propel Marketing — Quincy, MA — Software Engineer >>> September 2012 - July 2014
- Built CMS to host and build hundreds of customer websites using Django, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Created custom widgets, custom styling, custom templates, and more
Appropriate Solutions Inc — Peterborough, NH — Software Developer >>> July 2010 - September 2012
- Built multiple client websites in Django, jQuery, Bootstrap.
- Python, Go, Django, Flask, Linux, Docker, Git, Mercurial Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon AWS (S3 mostly) Google Cloud Storage, REST APIs Kafka, Redis, memcached, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, Eclipse Mosquitto
- Keene State College - B.S. Applied Computer Science (Honors Society), Minor in Mathematics (Honors Society), Dean’s List
- Django DBFileStorage Goal: to continue running CI tests on a remote storage when working on moving file storage to S3 without incurring additional AWS charges.
- Boston Athletic Association Amateur Radio Operator - 2019 Boston Marathon