Also Online Resume for more up to date resume.
NOTE: I live in North Carolina and am only entertaining Remote Roles right now.
Senior Software Engineer with focus on Python, Django, Go. Technology enthusiast and IOT tinkerer. Private pilot. Amateur radio operator.
EverQuote — Boston, MA — Senior Software Engineer >>> January 2022 - June 2023
- Email Remarketing Team
- Ported a Python2.7 monolith to Python3 microservices using FastAPI, and Kafka.
- Automated a daily task for two analysts to be able to be run in only a few moments which saves 18 hours per week of analyst time.
- Built a UI for manipulating database settings to aid in automating work for analysts.
- Migrated a handful of repositories from CircleCI testing to GitHub Actions.
- Ported multiple long running scripts and command line tools from Python 2.7 to Python 3.
- Migrated alerts system platform from PagerDuty to Opsgenie
- Consumer Engagement Team
- Launched a web service using Go and React (in TypeScript) to assist Sales Reps to provide alternative insurance company matches.
- Transitioned multiple projects from Atlassian Bamboo to GitHub Actions.
Tidelift — Boston, MA — Software Engineer III >>> April 2018 - December 2021
- Command Line Interface
- Developed binary CI/CD tool in Go to analyze software dependencies for security/licensing problems
- Added ability to create users and manage repositories from the command line
- Expanded personal project into company product
- Tidelift core redesign and pivot
- Pivoted from solely a vulnerability scanner to supporting a catalog of open source dependencies
- Part of small team developing Tidelift 2.0/3.0
- Developed front end Vue, and back end Ruby on Rails
- Worked on many Sinatra microservices.
- Expanded open source code under https://libraries.io to support more languages.
- Added new languages manifests support
- Programmed in multiple projects with code all available as open source on github * Bibliothecary: Added ability to detect dependencies in manifests for Poetry, pip-compile, pipfile, * Conda Parser: Developed ingestor of Conda environment files, parsing environment.yml files * Conda API: Programmed web scraping of Anaconda to detect new packages, and REST API endpoints for packages
Addgene — Cambridge, MA — Software Engineer >>> March 2015 - March 2018
- Wrote code to support front end ecommerce site, and back end inventory management system using Django, Django Rest Framework, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Rewrote file storage backend to keep on Amazon S3 instead of local in-house file system
- Released my own custom Django module as a result
- Trained non-developers in Python
- Helped start and expand a “non-developer developer” club
- Created mircoservices to support 3rd party API integration
Akamai — Cambridge, MA — Sr. Software Engineer >>> July 2014 - March 2015
- Wrote an API with Python/Flask that the front end could communicate with
- Checked if email was a valid user in Salesforce, then sent the user an email from a template
- Rewrote the backend for an internal dashboard to load data in 0.1 second, down from 10 seconds
Propel Marketing — Quincy, MA — Software Engineer >>> September 2012 - July 2014
- Built CMS to host and build hundreds of customer websites using Django, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Created custom widgets, custom styling, custom templates, and more
Appropriate Solutions Inc — Peterborough, NH — Software Developer >>> July 2010 - September 2012
- Built multiple client websites in Django, jQuery, Bootstrap.
- Python, Go, Django, Flask, Linux, Docker, Git, Mercurial, Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon AWS (S3 mostly) Google Cloud Storage, REST APIs, Kafka, Redis, memcached, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, Eclipse Mosquitto
- Keene State College - B.S. Applied Computer Science (Honors Society), Minor in Mathematics (Honors Society), Dean's List
- Django DBFileStorage Goal: to continue running CI tests on a remote storage when working on moving file storage to S3 without incurring additional AWS charges.
- Multiple C# Desktop programs, interfacing via serial to get results about pressure tests, calculate decay rates, printing results to pdfs, label machines, and local Sqlite databases. Custom per each client.
- Clients include: Waymo, FlexFlow, Hypertherm
- Python/Django and VueJS tool to convert pressure test results from the Cincinnati Test Blackbelt Machine, to PDFs.
- Boston Athletic Association Amateur Radio Operator - 2019 Boston Marathon