Ham Radio Operator
Senior Software Engineer with a back end focus. Specializing in Python and Go.
Senior Software Engineer
EverQuoteJan 2022 ->
- Automated a daily task for two analysts to be able to be run in only a few moments which saves 18 hours per week of analyst time.
- Migrated a handful of repositories from CircleCI testing to GitHub Actions.
- Built a UI for manipulating database settings to aid in automating work for analysts.
- Ported multiple long running scripts from Python2.7 to Python3.
- Migrated some command line tools from Python2.7 to Python3.
TideliftApr 2018 – Dec 2021
Command Line Interface
- CI/CD Tool to analyze software dependencies
- Check if approved for use or have security/licensing problems
- Also used for project and user management
- Developed personal project into company product
- Written in Go
Tidelift core redesign
- Pivoted from solely a vulnerability scanner to supporting a catalog of open source dependencies
- Part of small team developing Tidelift 2.0/3.0
- Developed front end Vue, and back end Ruby on Rails
- Add new language support, with their manifest parsing
- Multiple projects with code all available as open source on github
- Bibliothecary: Added ability to detect dependencies in manifests for Poetry, pip-compile, pipfile, Conda
- Conda Parser: Developed ingestor of Conda environment files
- Conda API: web scraping of Anaconda to detect new packages, provides REST API endpoints for packages
AddgeneMar 2015-Mar 2018
- Wrote Django REST Framework API server behind a token-authenticated NGINX server that allows third-party webapp to pull data, process it on NetSuite, and manage orders and invoices
- Rewrote file storage backend to keep on Amazon S3 instead of local in-house file system – released my own custom Django module as a result
- Trained non-developers in Python
- Helped start and expand a “non-developer developer” club.
Software Developer Contractor
AkamaiJul 2014 – Mar 2015
- Wrote API with Python/Flask that the front end could communicate with and that would check whether an email was a valid user in Salesforce. It got or created the user, then sent the user an email from a template.
- Wrote small Ruby on Rails site that keeps track of projects and due dates for our Tech Marketing team. With API integration to Slack that pushes any changes into the roadmap chat room.
Propel MarketingSep 2012 -Jul 2014
- Helped build CMS to host and build hundreds of customer websites (including custom widgets, custom styling, custom templates, and more) using Django.
- Made Rails website to link the new customer application with third-party vendor creating advertisement videos for customers. Website would automatically transfer those to Amazon S3.
- Built Django site to generate budget estimates, using custom algorithms and pricing systems. Automatically created PDF with map and budget table, which made it easier for the sales people to use.
Appropriate SolutionsJul 2010 – Sep 2012
- Communicated with clients daily to build custom websites and webapps in Django to specifications.
- Wrote website to take data from buses in Rockford, IL. Track bus routes daily, calculated when stopped, showed time between stops, and displayed this information on a Google Map.
- Built a real estate website, using MLS data.
- Wrote API and worked with front end developer. To create website that displayed all the parks in Boston on a Google Map showing activities they contained. Allowed user to generate trip with waypoints for enjoying multiple locations.
Amateur Radio Operator
Boston Athletic AssociationApril 2019
Amateur Radio Operator volunteer for 2019 Boston Marathon medical tent.
Applied Computer Science, BSc
Keene State College2006-2010
- Bachelors of Applied Computer Science
- Computer Science Honor Society
- Minor of a Mathematics Degree
- Mathematics Honor Society
- Dean’s List